- The California State PTA is a professional, non-profit volunteer organization committed to the well-being of all children.
- We believe every adult has a responsibility to ensure that all children develop to their full potential.
- We believe parents are children’s first teachers and that parent involvement is essential throughout a child’s educational experience.
- We believe that family is the basic unit of society responsible for the support and nurturing of all children, and we recognize that “the family” may be defined in many ways.
- We believe our responsibility includes advocating for the safety and welfare of all children and the opportunity for a quality public education for each child.